MainImages UploadingAdditionalPrevent eBay Item DuplicateseBay Catalog IdentifiersSynchronizationParts CompatibilitySubpages
In this section, you can configure some of the important settings for eBay Items management.
You can select from 3 available options:
- Automatic - on the item level or for each attribute an EPS service is used or the direct image links from your Magento are given;
- Self-hosted - all the images are provided as direct links to the images saved in your Magento;
- EPS-hosted - all the images are uploaded to the eBay EPS service.
It is necessary to understand the differences in these functionalities to select the most suitable option.
- In the Self-hosted mode, the load on your server can be significantly increased because all images shown to buyers on eBay Item Page are uploaded each time from your server. However, during the List/Relist/Revise actions M2E Pro sends only a link to the image, so the process is rather fast.
- Using an EPS-hosted mode all the images shown on eBay Item Page are taken directly from eBay, so the Performance of your server is not affected. But this process is rather slow and increases the time of action running because each image should be uploaded one by one on eBay. For example, you are trying to list a Configurable Product that contains 5 variations and each variation has 5 images in it. So it needs at about 6 minutes for the Revise of 1 Item. Thus, updating your inventory can become a very time-consuming process.
Be careful when you select an option for images uploading to prevent Performance decrease.
- Automatic mode is created for balancing between server performance and the speed of actions running.
The selected setting is applied during the list of items. Then the selected mode EPS-hosted or Self-hosted will be used. Also, the Mode cannot be changed due to eBay API restrictions.
M2E Pro will not list Magento Product on the Channel if it is already listed within the same eBay Account and Marketplace. You can enable the option under eBay Integration > Configuration > Settings > Main:
Click here to learn how the Item Duplicates Prevention Tool works.
In this section, you can specify the UPC, EAN, ISBN, and ePID values for your Simple, Configurable, and Grouped Products.
Select the Magento Attribute that contains the Catalog ID value for your products.
- UPC – a unique 12-digit identifier for products in Music (e.g., CDs), DVDs & Movies, and Video Games categories (or domains).
- EAN – European Article Number, now called International Article Number. Consists of 8 or 13 digits.
- ISBN (International Standard Book Number) – a unique book identifier consisting of 10 or 13 digits.
- ePID (Product Reference ID) – a unique Item identifier used in the eBay catalog.
MPN and Brand values for your products can be specified in the Description Policy.
eBay requires providing Catalog IDs for Simple and Variational Products in certain categories. If that is the case, and your products do not have UPC/EAN/ISBN/ePID code, provide it as a "Does Not Apply" value by choosing a corresponding option from the drop-down menu.
Important tips about submitting eBay Catalog Identifiers:
You can provide eBay Catalog ID values for each variation of Configurable and Grouped Products in two ways – either in your eBay Global Settings or via the Manage Variations pop-up. If they are specified in eBay Global Settings, the relevant values will be taken from Magento Child Products. Values provided via the Manage Variations pop-up will have priority over the ones specified in Global Settings.
For each variation of your Bundle, Downloadable and Simple with Custom Options Products, you can provide Catalog ID values only via the Manage Variations pop-up. A “Does Not Apply” value can be set for all Variational Products only in your eBay Global Settings.
Some eBay catalog identifiers may not be available for the eBay Sandbox environment.
M2E Pro Listings Synchronization – updates and synchronizes eBay Listings according to Synchronization Policies rules.
If catalog updates in your Magento are performed using import/export tools, custom scripts, or direct changes in the database, then check the article on how to use Programmatic Possibilities and Magmi Plugin or Track Direct Database Changes functionality to detect changes in products' price and quantity.
Specify Yes/No to enable/disable Inventory Synchronization.
Unmanaged Synchronization - imports and regularly updates the imported Unmanaged Listings. It can be enabled/disabled for each Account separately in eBay Integration > Configuration > Accounts section.
Orders Synchronization - cannot be disabled as it is a critically necessary condition for the proper work of the automatic synchronization rules which are applied for data updating between Magento and eBay.
However, there is an ability to enable/disable the Magento Order creation for each Account in eBay Integration > Configuration > Accounts section.
Under the Parts Compatibility tab, you can provide a Magento Attribute where ePID/kType values for your Products will be saved. Choose the required value from a drop-down menu in the 'Attribute' line.
Magento Attributes with a Text Area input type only are available for selection.
The 'Database' line indicates the number of available ePIDs/kTypes imported from eBay and from a custom database accordingly.
If you do not find the required compatible vehicles in the Parts Compatibility list that is based on eBay data, you can import a custom ePID/kType database. For that, click on Manage in the 'Database' line. A pop-up will appear where you have to choose a prepared CSV file and click Import.
A CSV file prepared for import should meet the following requirements:
The first line of the file should contain the names of the Columns:
- for ePIDs: epid,product_type,make,model, submodel,year,trim,engine;
- for kTypes: ktype,make,model,variant,body_style,type,from_year,to_year,engine.
There are several required fields:
- for ePIDs: epid,product_type,make,model,submodel,year;
- for kTypes: ktype.
For ePIDs product_type column, you should provide one of the following values:
- 0 - for Car / Truck type;
- 1 - for Motorcycle type;
- 2 - for ATV / Snowmobiles type.
You can always remove Custom Added Compatible Vehicles by clicking Clear.
If an imported ePID/kType database matches the one that already exists in M2E Pro, it will be ignored. Compatible vehicles from the eBay-based list will have priority over the duplicate imported data.
Once the Compatibility Attribute is indicated, you can start adding compatible vehicles to your Products in M2E Pro Listing. For more details, check out the Parts Compatibility guide.
eBay Parts Compatibility
The rest of the settings are global for all Integrations. Learn how to properly configure them in this article.