Item Specific lets you provide details, such as brand, size type, size, color, and style. On eBay Listings, these details appear at the top of your listing description, in a consistent format, making it easy for buyers to get the facts about your item.
In the Category settings pop-up, after you select a category, you'll be able to set Item Specifics.
eBay categories usually have a default Specifics set. Click Edit to adapt specifics according to your Products.
All the changes made to a default Item Specifics set will be applied to all products to which the category is assigned.
Some Item Specifics are mandatory and are indicated with *. You need to choose a mode and value for them.
- eBay Recommended – eBay recommends certain characteristics for your product. Choose the most appropriate one from the drop-down menu.
- Custom Value – allows you to manually type information about your product rather than choosing from a list. This is useful if the eBay recommended option does not include information about the specific item you have for sale.
- Custom Attribute – use the value from a Magento attribute for each product.
Click Add Specific if you need to set additional item specifics. You can choose from these options:
- Custom Attribute – select a Magento attribute to use as the custom specific name. The item specific value will be taken from the attribute value.
- Custom Value – allows you to manually enter the name and value of the custom item-specific.
- Custom Label / Attribute – enter the name of the custom item specific and use only the value from the selected attribute.
According to eBay requirements, the standard maximum length for the value of an item specific is 65.
If some products assigned to a Category require individual specifics, you can customize specifics for these particular Products. For that, choose the Products in the grid and submit the Edit action.
In the appeared Category settings pop, customize the default Item Specifics set, and click Save.
You'll see that the Item Specifics set changed to Custom.
Click Reset to Default if you need to reverse the changes